Thursday, November 22, 2007

Taipai to Singapore

So prior to this moment, I hopped on the plane with slight bits of apprehension on my shoulder, leaving nothing with me but my trust in God. Walking away form my sister at the airport almostt brought me to tears. And my fathers longings to be with his wife saddened me also.
Security checkpoint was blah. C'mon guys, I am a diva. I NEED my makeup, and hair products...:( They totally attacked me stating the following: "You have too much for one little person". I lied to them and told them that some of it belonged to my mother. My aunts mother is also traveling with us. She's so innocent and traditional.
I could not rememebr the 15 brutal hours of my plane ride. I drank some wine and that did it for me. Ironically, I sat with a very cute South Indian vegetarian couple. They were very kind and suprised to hear that a Bengali Islamically cultured woman like me was Buddhist and vegetarian. Yayy to weirdos like me. I was also questioned on marriage.
No people I am not going to my country to have my marriaged arranged to a FOB (Fresh off the boat). Yes, I said it, a FOB who wants to marry me for his double wammy (green card, and good looking wifey). Any how, we waited in Taipai only for a little. But I managed to take some pictures of the non-existant toilets. I swear, I am being initiated into the land of flat pans. Taking my number two squatting! great! Once you're in the Asian subcontinent prepare to squat! Unless you are in a heavily westernized area.
Now I am on the plan again. The sweet Indian couple offered me to go explore Singapore with them. We'll see what happens! I have my Deepak Chopra book to keep me grounded. Pray for me everyone!!!

Btw...where is my food...i am starving! :)

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Be safe. Work hard... Enjoy time with ur fam. Take in the sights. And have a little fun! I can't wait to hear all the stories when u get back. BTW: HITMAN's a hit, so I will be drinking the bubbly with my stogie tnite :-)

Anonymous said...

hey tania,

the first thing i say, is the first thing you do. DON'T STARVE! heee. anyway, glade you made it ok, be safe and go out! have fun. lots of love and excitment i feel for you. jessika

Anonymous said...

ps, i forgot to say, i will try to call ya in a week. JAL

Carmen Chang said...

Hello my love, take care of yourself. Eat! Haha. Enjoy your trip...you are a shining star! xoxo

OldSoul said...

oh i miss you and that was a funny blog.. have fun squatting and avoiding the double whammy

Carmen Chang said...

Hey love, you've inspired me to create a new blog...after a long hiatus. It's time for me to write all my thoughts down too. Love you!

Unknown said...

tania~
happy thanksiving (:
that was fun to read , anyone ever tell you that you got writin skillz :p
sending you my love and prayers ...
miss u , yo warrior~ scot

Unknown said...

"Taking my number two squatting!"

after that. ...

. ... go save the world.

Anonymous said...

hahaha i love u! the best part is the squatting pan lol i got a calling card yayyyy talk to u soon..after u settle down a lil bit! love u


subha